T.B. Beaudeau 8:36 a.m., Dec. 5
Now get off my lawn!
Okay, so I guess it's understandable that the 10:35 a.m. show of Empire of Silver at Mission Valley AMC should have an unresolvable technical glitch - namely, that the subtitles at the bottom of the screen were cut off (and therefore unreadable). It was, after all, their first showing of the film.
But it's less understandable that the young man to whom an older gentleman complained (twice) should not only fail to apologize but also tell the man that he should calm down after he said (grumpily), "We'd like to be able to see what we paid for."
It's also less understandable that another young man, addressing me as I left the theater, rain check in hand, should say, "You could have just stayed and tried to figure it out." Really?
Photo at left: from the movie
More like this:
- Interview with Samsara producer Mark Magidson and director Ron Fricke — Sept. 7, 2012
- DVD Rentals: Crossfire (1947) — Feb. 4, 2012
- Review: 30 Minutes or Less — Aug. 12, 2011
- Never mind the Killer Elite, here's the Scorpions! — Aug. 4, 2011
- Feature: Steven-Charles Jaffe, Writer-Director of Gahan Wilson: Born Dead, Still Weird — July 29, 2011