Dorian Hargrove 2:30 p.m., Oct. 25
"Papa" Doug Manchester is "Papa" no more
"I have no son," says "Disapproving Dad" Doug Manchester in wake of Doug Jr.'s statement in support of same-sex marriage.
The real estate-mogul also denied his son's claim that "Papa" "now regrets the funding he provided to Prop. 8 and has actively worked to make amends with those he has offended." He said that his political views had no bearing on his decision to open the Manchester Man Chest Resort & Hotel on Fire Island. "It's just good business, is all," said the elder Manchester. "I mean, the gays weren't about to book a weekend getaway in someplace as hopelessly square as the Grand Del Mar."
More like this:
- Papa Doug's son says he is for same-sex marriage — March 21, 2013
- Manchester releases statement on plan to repurpose U-T's Mission Valley headquarters — March 18, 2013
- Ad seeking Manchester hotel buyer not real, says attorney — Nov. 5, 2012
- Manchester Buys San Diego CityBeat — Dec. 23, 2011
- Does Doug Manchester's Spousal Split-Up Provide Clues to Intentions for the Union-Tribune? — Nov. 23, 2011