Meijo Japanese Restaurant
The (mostly Vietnamese) people who run this place are a fun crowd. They keep things buzzing. They tell jokes. And (bottom line) it's affordable. Like their sushi mix — five different kinds of fish flesh on rice, plus nine sushi rolls, for about nine bucks. Or six-buck specials, such as teriyaki chicken with fried gyoza, or shrimp and beef curry. That and a bottle of sake will get you out, belly full, for around $10. The formula works: This place always seems to have a cheery crowd of locals, and the shelves bulge with those masu boxes that regulars drink sake out of.
- "More Than the Dish or the Deal" · Oct. 17, 2012
- "Meijo: Gingering Up I.B." · Sept. 4, 2012
- 2011 Restaurant Issue: "Ed's Eats" · Oct. 19, 2011
- "Meijo Sushi's TIger Eyes" · Sept. 7, 2011
- "Tiger Eyes Tonight?" · Aug. 11, 2011
|Monday||11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Friday||11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
The kitchen is always open during business hours.