1 ) Roman Abramovich yacht on San Diego’s Embarcadero — Two helicopter pads, pool, spa, hot tub...
2 ) San Diego Chargers Philip Rivers on indefinite hiatus following political endorsement — All-Pro quarterback's statement on abortion and traditional marriage "in no way represents the views of the San Diego Chargers football organization."
3 ) He chalks the line: City Attorney prosecutes man for writing anti-bank slogans in water soluble chalk — 13 years and $13,000 if convicted of vandalism with sidewalk chalk
4 ) Sun Diego drops in on Nineteen Nineteen — Oceanside’s Ocean House was poised to become a big nightspot, say investors; then, Sun Diego, a surf-shop chain, allegedly agreed to pay $29,000/month in rent, $7000 over the price that was to be paid by the disappointed investors, a group of Carlsbad businessmen that included owners of the Boar Cross’n and Mas Fina Cantina nightspots
5 ) Adorable When I Dress Up: Cosplay in the park — Wardrobe malfunctions of the very stareable
6 ) Did Chris Kyle deck Jesse Ventura? — Jesse Ventura sues the wife of deceased SEAL sniper Chris Kyle over allegations made in a book
7) Retail can turn you into a number — Selling service at Nordstrom
8) Pat & Oscar's Changes Name, Keeps Breadsticks — The chain filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, but on May 22, the few remaining franchisees, still trying to operate under the Pat & Oscar's name, announced a merging together and rebranding of the remaining restaurants into O's American Kitchen
9) Mickelson gambling stories make rounds again — Callaway found he was a gambler, but had no outstanding debts
10 ) Yellow Deli People: Mellow believers or cult of opportunists? — Turning the clock back 2000 years is no easy task
11 ) Point Loma High School film studio shut down during investigation into porn shoot — "When we gave kids access to top-of-the-line film production equipment, Point Loma Lesbian High School wasn't what we had in mind."
12) DeMaio's men's room masturbation went unreported — Ben Hueso witnessed the incidents twice
13) Papa Doug Manchester picks Siberian bride-to-be — Geniya Derzhavina came to San Diego from Siberia, and will marry one of city's richest men