Matt Potter 7 p.m., May 4
- "Looks like Marks has been naughty again."
Big Screen Christmas Mailbag
Scott Marks responds to a critic while getting his hair cut.
- Bile in Every Word
"Reading Mr. Marks’ reviews has become painful. This guy thinks he is funny and witty. What he is is a bore.
"Gone are the days, at least at your paper, when a movie review provided insight, perspective, and clear direction into what a movie was trying to say. See Siskel, Ebert, A. O. Scott, Roper, Kael, and hundreds more.
"Your guy is a buffoon. He does nothing but hate everything and everyone, save 'Marty.' Scott Marks is shaming your paper! His review of the Golden Globes was not informative or funny. For those of us who love movies his words were insulting and juvenile.
"Do yourselves a favor and run over to some junior college journalism class and get somebody who can write without bile in every word. Your readers will be all the better for it.
More from SDReader
- An ear-bleeding anthology of vintage horror film radio spots — Oct. 30, 2015
- Letters to the Reader — March 19, 2014
- New year, new letters — Jan. 8, 2014
- Complaint Department — Dec. 18, 2013
- Movie Review: J. Edgar, Melancholia — Nov. 9, 2011