Sheila Pell 8:30 a.m., Feb. 7
- Claire Hsu Accomando
A poem by Claire Hsu Accomondo
- Wigs are in style.
- There’s a store in every town.
- There’s a kiosk in every mall.
- Golden blond, near crimson,
- silky black, cascading brown.
- They glamorize, maximize,
- voluminize and dramatize.
- Human hair or synthetic?
- Not even a spouse can tell.
- Curly, wavy, arrow straight,
- frizzy, bouffant and Afro.
- Tucked in a corner is a medical wig
- with a soft monofilament crown.
- Today there’s an added promo special,
- a no-sweat liner for chemo patients.
- This model has a lifetime warranty
- and comes in two sizes, adult and child.