Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., March 10
- Jackleen Holton
"How Good Girls Go Bad"
- Before she came we walked for peace, we picked
- up trash in parks and won awards. Our troop
- was number one in candy sales. We cooked
- for homeless families and served them soup.
- And then her dad was transferred to the base
- outside our town. I knew she was too cool
- for us. But when they offered her the choice
- between our club and military school,
- she cut a deal, suited up in our red
- and blue. She winked at me and stashed a pack
- of Camels underneath her scouting vest.
- And soon we’d lose ourselves to her, this chick
- who taught us how to steal from liquor stores,
- who littered on the streets and started wars.