Electro-dance-punky quartet the Attack!! was founded in 2008 by singer-guitarist Ivan Tamayo (Kiss Me Katelynn, Suspect Jones) and drummer Bryan Famous (London Ghost Show). After playing their first gig at L.A.’s Viper Room, they were joined by guitarist Mitch Scott and bassist Ken Lindstrom.
The band self-released their debut single “Dancefloor” earlier this year, and they’re currently working on an EP. They appear with Irradio on Saturday, October 24, at the Tin Can Ale House in Banker’s Hill.
WHAT’S IN YOUR CD PLAYER?
1. The Postal Service, Give Up. “These tunes start the day off right.”
2. Glassjaw, Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Silence. “Wakes me up better than a double shot of espresso.”
3. Detektivbyrån, Wermland. “Makes me think of hard times in the old country.”
4. Frank Sinatra, The Reprise Collection. “Keeps me classy.”
5. The Ramones, Loud, Fast. “Reminds me to keep life punk rock — dirty and simple.”
1. Johnny Cash, Greatest Hits. “Every track hits you like a rock.”
1. Does It Offend You, Yeah? You Have No Idea What You’re Getting Yourself Into. “I make an ass out of myself to this album.”
2. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon. “Above-average effort of creativity, almost indescribable.”
3. The Locust, Plague Soundscapes. “Way ahead of its time.”
1. Silversun Pickups, Swoon. “Beautiful, dirty, and rocking all at once.”
2. Castledoor, Shouting at Mountains. “Reminds me of autumn leaves falling in Wisconsin.”
3. Miles Davis, Kind of Blue. “You can’t f**k with the classics.”
1. Craigslist.org. “The internet’s trailer-park yard sale is how the band found me.”
2. Everydayisgarbageday.com. “Quite possibly the funniest blog on the internet, written by the funniest nihilist on the web.”
3. Iheartchaos.com. “It’s like the Grammy awards for internet stupidity and, by extension, the world’s stupidity. My favorite part of the site is called Japan WTF.”
4. Icanhascheezburger.com. “Cute kittens with ‘lol-speak’ slogans to brighten up your day.”
1. Chordie.com. “I get all the tabs to my favorite songs.”
2. MySpace.com. “I keep up on the bands we like in San Diego.”
3. Geekologie.com. “Keeps you up on cool tech toys.”
1. Facebook.com. “Instant family reunions without the awkwardness of having to be in their company.”
2. Yahoo.com. “Advertisements, MySpace, and Facebook notifications are becoming obsolete.”
Lindstrom: “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” — Hunter S. Thompson
Tamayo: “This is the strangest life I’ve ever known.” — Jim Morrison
Scott: “I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.” — Jack Handey
WHAT PISSES YOU OFF?
Lindstrom: “People who talk on cell phones while driving. I guess it’s more important to some people to schedule an appointment for a butt wax than to pay attention to the road and not kill the bicyclist next to them.”
Tamayo: “Where music is heading. There are so many bands who have forgotten what rock and roll is.”
Scott: “Lack of support for local bands. Seems nowadays everybody wants a DJ.”
WORST MOVIE EVER?
Tamayo: “The Happening, with Marky Mark and his Funky Bunch running away from wind.”
Scott: “Space Zombie Bingo!!! I’ll be darned if you can figure out what the heck is going on, but somehow it’s still entertaining.”
Famous: “Anything David Lynch puts out. People try to say it’s all artistic and deep, but honestly, it’s all garbage and doesn’t make any sense.”
BEST THING YOU’VE EVER WON?
Lindstrom: “A second chance.”
Scott: “A fishing-boat potluck in Miami.”
Famous: “Her heart.”
WHAT’S YOUR POISON?
Lindstrom: “Rum ’n’ Coke.”
Tamayo: “Jameson whiskey. D-to-the-capital licious.”
Famous: “Cerveza and Smartwater.”
SOMETHING ABOUT YOU FEW WOULD KNOW OR GUESS?
Tamayo: “I grew up in Ensenada, Mexico.”
Scott: “My age, especially when clean-shaven.”
Famous: “I love to cook.”