With Jen’s assistance, it took me less than an hour from the time we opened the box to having a fully functional “Weber Q 320.” David looked more impressed than I wanted him to. “It wasn’t difficult,” I said. “The way you guys bitch about putting stuff together, I thought it was going to be a lot harder. It was actually pleasurable, in that ‘I conquered the task’ sort of way.” I nodded at my handiwork, feeling quite accomplished. Then, trouncing any attempt David might make to take advantage of my bravado, I said, “Don’t expect me to cook on it.”

Comments

Barbarella Fokos March 26, 2009 @ 3:24 p.m.

That's right, I've been strutting around this place, intermittently shouting "BOOYAH!" at David. I think he likes it. ;)

Barbarella Fokos March 26, 2009 @ 10:10 p.m.

Listen and see Barb (ahem, me) on live streaming internet radio tomorrow morning (that's Friday, 11 a.m.) on http://www.amplifysd.com. I'll be chatting with the UT's David Coddon about the life, death, and rebirth of media. Among other things. ;)

bluenwhitegokart March 29, 2009 @ 4:47 a.m.

Rebirth? Isn't that a bit premature?

I'm thinking we need to break out the shovels, because the media is dead, Jim.

It would take an act of the divine...I'm thinking immaculent conception, to revive the media.

bluenwhitegokart March 29, 2009 @ 4:52 a.m.

Oh, and Barb, not to take away anything from your newly discovered mechanical prowess (kudos and all that), we manly men only go to the directions as a last resort.

:o)

Barbarella Fokos March 29, 2009 @ 7:28 a.m.

As long as people need to get the word out, there will always be media of one type or another. And on the entertainment front, there will always be producers of content, and people interested in obtaining that content (think cool shows like Dr. Horrible). And about your inborn prowess, blue, of course you guys don't need those silly paper directions. You have the blueprints to everything in your erection gene. ;)

Joe Poutous March 29, 2009 @ 8:14 a.m.

"The way you guys bitch about putting stuff together, I thought it was going to be a lot harder"

Great. Our secret is out... thanks Barbarella.

• Joe

Jane Belanger March 29, 2009 @ 1:35 p.m.

Secret is out but we still want you to do it!