Though sometimes I wish I didn’t have to scramble out of bed and find my glasses in order to see the bird chirping right outside my window, or that I could watch what’s happening on the ceiling-mounted TV while I sweat away on the elliptical at the gym, I don’t mind my minor handicap. Quite the contrary. David has told me that my glasses were a huge draw for him when we first started dating. Something about finding women in glasses more attractive and how funky frames make a bold statement about the woman behind them.

Looking back on my life with 20/20 hindsight, I now realize that I was one precocious six-year-old.

Comments

Barbarella Fokos June 11, 2008 @ 3:45 p.m.

Video will be back up soon, it got all squished and I'm trying to fix it.

jim87vette June 11, 2008 @ 8:19 p.m.

I am fighting like mad to not have to use glasses.I have had them for 3 years now.They are for reading and sometimes night driving.I find that I cant see things a foot from my eyes anymore fine print on labels, forget about it!It actually gives me a feeling of virdigo if I try and strain to focus grrrr!I give up lol!

Barbarella Fokos June 11, 2008 @ 8:30 p.m.

Jim, it's time... I'm actually trying to convince David to get his eyes checked, I've noticed him squinting. Ain't no shame in it, and who knows, maybe you'll find a pair you love! ;)

Barbarella Fokos June 12, 2008 @ 10:18 a.m.

I figured it out! Click the arrow icon on the lower right of the video clip, and then click the button that appears above it twice, and it goes to the widescreen, undistorted version. Whew!

Kansaskid June 12, 2008 @ 1:17 p.m.

As an obviously gifted shopper perhaps you could help out challenged one. I have a large melon(size eight hat) and need a reference to glasses shop that has big size frames. Any thoughts?

Barbarella Fokos June 13, 2008 @ 8:13 a.m.

Kansaskid, any fine eyewear store should be able to accommodate you. Some brands tend toward the wider or narrower, but any shop should have an array from which you can choose, and then the opticians can fit the frames to your face. At Urban Optiks, as with most high-end glasses stores, they make sure the frames sit right on your ears and nose. Good luck!

Ollie June 17, 2008 @ 6:05 a.m.

You wear eyeglasses much better than I ever did. I opted for Nuclear Electric Vizion, but you should wear your specs. They're super cool.

Barbarella Fokos June 17, 2008 @ 7:58 a.m.

Nuclear Electric Vizion... does that mean you can see through clothes? Or is that the one where you can kill an ant if you stare at it hard enough? ;)