Matt Potter 4:30 p.m., April 28
- Community Blog
Farmers Market Sunday Open arms of sunshine Late this time of year
What season is this That peaches lay with oranges? In the California warm
Children dancing with the fiddle Or high above the onions On shoulders made for Small bodies.
Soft furry leaves capturing Purple round pendulous Eggplant With nothing but it’s sexiness to sell
Flowers still touched with morning dew Pour righteously from trucks Watsonville, Marysville, old western towns with orchards of almonds and Oranges Drenching our senses
We eat the freshly baked bread. gather baskets of berries and head back to our kitchens to give thanks.
Susie Harris November 2008
More like this:
- The Leucadia/Encinitas Farmers’ Market and Art Fair — June 11, 2012
- Missing Mom — Oct. 8, 2009
- Garage Sale For Uncle Sam — March 14, 2009
- The Quality of Sound — Dec. 4, 2008
- Anticipation of Precipitation — Nov. 4, 2008