Various Authors 8:04 p.m., July 1
- Community Blog
Taking a Beach Walk...
South to Torrey Pines. Low tide, breeze out of the Northwest. Blue skies with haze on the horizon.
Ocean sounds fill my ears with a continuous song of wind and sea, accented by the slap of large waves on the Beach.
Long-billed seabirds scurry before me as I approach. They busily harvest sand crabs taken from the wet sand...spearing and then inhaling them whole.
There's a wonderous symmetry to them as they traverse together laterally along the shoreline, chased by the rise and fall of the tide. Running on spindly legs, they hurry to just avoid being engulfed by blue-green water and foam.
It is late afternoon as I turn and move North. A descending sun warms the left side of my face. The sound of my sandals crunching the hard-packed sand is all I hear now, as Nature's peace swaddles my Being.
More like this:
- Slimy blue things die on Cardiff beach — May 26, 2015
- A Romantic Ocean Beach Anniversary; Grunion Style — June 30, 2011
- Diary of a SealWatcher — April 2, 2011
- Ramble along the beach below the Leucadia and Encinitas sea bluffs. — Nov. 4, 2004
- A Cast of One — Dec. 5, 1985