Garrett Harris 1:12 p.m., Jan. 23
Arts & Trees: summer DIY flea market in downtown Tijuana
Seasonal flea market showcases local musicians and artisans on Avenida Revolucion in Zona Centro
Four times a year, seasonal flea market Arts & Trees showcases Tijuana’s homegrown artisans with an all-day, all-ages bazaar featuring art, photography, clothing, live music, food, wine, and beer.
This summer's installment will be an open-air market held on Saturday, June 22 from 1 to 9 p.m. between 6th and 7th Streets on Madero, a block east of Zona Centro main-vein Avenida Revolucion.
The vendor line-up has yet to be release, but anticipate live jams from Love & the Skull, Fax, Teenage Fiction, Al-B, Coastral, Guaycura Sounds, Wero, Memory Lounge, Das Falco, and Rredeye.
To further entice, check out this promo video by Das Falco featuring footage from the famously uncomfortable Vincent Gallo sort-of-love flick, Buffalo 66.
Arts & Trees is put on by Polen, a Tijuana-based organization which seeks to “generate critical audiences that construct reality through sound” via events such as the bi-annual Vegetarian Cuisine & Arts Festival, regular downtown showcases, and the quarterly DIY flea market.
"Polen is a musical and artistic platform to publicize what your imagination or concern has inspired you to create. All are welcome regardless of musical genre or project. If things are done from the heart, there is always a place in Polen."
More like this:
- Organics Fair promotes sustainable culture in Tijuana — July 3, 2013
- Matthewdavid, Sixties Guns, Karaoke, and Joshua Brandon at Moustache Bar — June 21, 2013
- Interview with Manuel Cabrera of Polen — June 13, 2013
- Cauliflower ceviche at the Vegetarian Cuisine & Arts Festival in Tijuana — March 20, 2013
- Art and Trees: Tijuana's DIY Market and Music Festival — Dec. 14, 2012