Don Bauder 2:30 p.m., Sept. 1
National Get Outdoors Day: free entry to parks
You can waive the usual National Forest Adventure Pass tomorrow and spend a gratis day exploring Cleveland National Forest as part of National Get Outdoors Day.
Since 2008, the annual event has encouraged families to seek healthy, active lives via outdoor activity.
Visitors who purchase a daily pass on June 8 can have it replaced for no charge.
However, other fees such as campground, reservation, and group site fees may still apply.
More like this:
- New suit filed challenging forest fees — Oct. 26, 2012
- Noble Canyon — June 27, 2012
- Indian Flats, in the Cleveland National Forest near Warner Springs, offers mellow summer camping. — July 8, 2004
- Best of 2001: Best Place In County To Mine For Gold — Dec. 27, 2001
- Up the Creek — July 29, 1999