Don Bauder 7:30 p.m., Oct. 24
Thursday night I ran into Brian Malarkey, star of ABC’s The Taste, at Gingham in La Mesa. Malarkey, Top Chef season 3 Runner-up, owns six local restaurants: Gingham, Gabardine, Seersucker, Burlap, Herringbone, and Campine.
The 34-year-old was sporting patent leather Danskos. Thanks to his all-American preppy quirkiness and a nice pair of argyle socks, Malarkey was able to pull of wearing clogs with ankle-skimming pants.
You can find Malarkey’s Dansko clogs at Nordstrom for $124.99.
Every Tuesday night at Gingham they host a viewing party of The Taste. If you plan on attending, I recommend ordering The Ballerina and the Czar, a blend of vodka, cucumber water, and blueberry honey.
“We were number one in our time slot last week,” Malarkey said of his new reality program that airs Tuesdays @ 8/7c on ABC.
More like this:
- Chef Brian Malarkey judges ABC's The Taste — Jan. 17, 2013
- The Inquisitive Tongue: Nanette Wiser's Good Dish — Oct. 26, 2012
- Fashion Week: Herringbone — July 5, 2012
- Fashion Week: Gingham — July 4, 2012
- Food Time: Chef Brian Malarkey Announces New Venture — Dec. 26, 2011