The Canyoneers 1:30 p.m., April 23
Mexicali: Pasaje del Arte celebrates a year of urban art
Civic Center passage of murals revives run-down alleyway.
Last February, 16 Baja artists transformed a run-down Mexicali alleyway into a passage of murals, dubbed Pasaje del Arte.
The project - which features work from artists including Glo, Rod, DSEK World, Humor, Raya, and Star27 - was made possible by urban art advocates Yo Apoyo el Arte (founded by Mexicali artist Star27), the Festival del Arte Mexicali, the Department of Public Works, and private donors.
On Saturday, February 16, Pasaje del Arte celebrates its 1-year anniversary with sculptures, music, dance, theatre, vendors, and food from noon ‘til 10 p.m.
Take a tour of Pasaje del Arte at the 5:03 mark:
More like this:
- 2014 Guide to the Arts in San Diego — Feb. 12, 2014
- Pasaje Gomez: Tijuana Art Walk — Aug. 27, 2013
- Slug & Tug: art/music of Tijuana and Mexicali in Normal Heights — Dec. 28, 2012
- Jill Holslin: Alleys of Tijuana photo exhibit — Nov. 26, 2012
- Tijuana Art Alley Celebrates Two Year Anniversary — April 11, 2012