Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., Sept. 30
Ethiopian Sweep in Carlsbad
No new records in Carlsbad but there was a rare three-peat.
The results from the Carlsbad 5000 are in. Concerning the elite fields, it was one of the slower runnings of the “world’s fastest 5K”. The women’s winner, Burka, ws the slowest since 2009.
Men’s champion Dejen Gebremeskel was the slowest since 2008.
Both Burka a Gebremeskel are Ethiopian runners.
However, Gebremeskel did pull off the impressive three-peat. He had competition from fellow countryman Yenew Alamirew and Kenyan John Kipkoech.
For a complete rundown of the results, visit the finisher's page.
More like this:
- Ethiopia, San Diego, Part Three: Harar — May 31, 2013
- Tales from the north: Inland Empire Brewing — Oct. 4, 2012
- San Diego Roads More Congested Than Before — July 11, 2012
- Vision Cafe — Feb. 25, 2012
- Game of the Week: St. Augustine at Cathedral Catholic — Dec. 5, 2009