Billy Collins 10 p.m., March 12
County Library to Host Book Festival
The San Diego County Library is gearing up to host its annual Book Festival this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the library’s Encinitas branch. The event spotlights numerous local and national literary names, as well as creators in other arts.
Local chef Bernard Guillas, who heads the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club’s food offerings, including the resort’s famous Marine Room restaurant, kicks off at 10 a.m. with a talk on his Cooking With Chef Bernard.
Kim Barnouin, co-author of the bestselling “Skinny Bitch” series, is featured as a keynote speaker at 12:30 p.m. She’ll share tips on how to "stop eating crap and start looking fabulous," by employing a vegan diet and avoiding alcohol, caffeine, chemical additives, and refined sugar.
Taffy Cannon and Ken Kuhlken discuss San Diego Noir, a short story collection highlighting San Diego’s darker side, also at 10 a.m.
Matt & The Damons, finalists in 2011’s Teen Battle of the Bands, perform at 5 p.m.
A full line-up is available here.
More like this:
- Talking, but not drinking, beer at the Oceanside Library — July 26, 2013
- Celebrate the USA at the Rancho San Diego Library — June 7, 2013
- 14 East County youth arrested in curfew sweeps — April 1, 2013
- San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival — Nov. 9, 2012
- County Library System Honored — June 6, 2012