Laura Dvorak 5:47 p.m., Dec. 6
The San Diego County Library is gearing up to host its annual Book Festival this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the library’s Encinitas branch. The event spotlights numerous local and national literary names, as well as creators in other arts.
Local chef Bernard Guillas, who heads the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club’s food offerings, including the resort’s famous Marine Room restaurant, kicks off at 10 a.m. with a talk on his Cooking With Chef Bernard.
Kim Barnouin, co-author of the bestselling “Skinny Bitch” series, is featured as a keynote speaker at 12:30 p.m. She’ll share tips on how to "stop eating crap and start looking fabulous," by employing a vegan diet and avoiding alcohol, caffeine, chemical additives, and refined sugar.
Taffy Cannon and Ken Kuhlken discuss San Diego Noir, a short story collection highlighting San Diego’s darker side, also at 10 a.m.
Matt & The Damons, finalists in 2011’s Teen Battle of the Bands, perform at 5 p.m.
A full line-up is available here.
More like this:
- Talking, but not drinking, beer at the Oceanside Library — July 26, 2013
- Celebrate the USA at the Rancho San Diego Library — June 7, 2013
- 14 East County youth arrested in curfew sweeps — April 1, 2013
- San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival — Nov. 9, 2012
- County Library System Honored — June 6, 2012