Matt Potter 2:05 p.m., March 3
"It's Only Fair: Social Justice and the Price of a Cup of Coffee"
Didja know "coffee is the second most traded commodity in the world after oil?" San Diego Catholic Worker hosts presentation by Mario Arroyo of Catholic Relief Services and Rigo Hernandez of Cafe Virtuoso on the origins of the Fair Trade movement. Learn how small decisions can make big impacts. Soup and bread served.
Friday, May 13, 6:30pm
Our Lady of Refuge, 4226 Jewell Street, Pacific Beach
More like this:
- Roast Highway — Feb. 18, 2015
- Coffee vs. cupcakes on restaurant row — March 9, 2014
- Barrio Logan: Greenest Roaster in San Diego? — May 13, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Will seek to meet total employment demand; Catholics begin Lent; "Ideas x Tijuana" — Feb. 15, 2013
- Source-Sipping in Barrio Logan, Organic Coffee Capital! — May 23, 2011