Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Dec. 9
On a beautiful Thursday evening with a temperature of 71 degrees, I had planned on watching the classic Alfred Hitchcock film, Vertigo. Cinema Under the Stars is located at 4040 Goldfinch Avenue in Mission Hills. When walking towards the theater, I could smell pizza from Lefty’s Chicago Pizzeria. I was already regretting eating dinner.
Cinema Under the Stars
Teenagers, young couples, and middle-aged couples were all in attendance. I loved the idea that this classic film was attracting all ages. At the counter, I asked for two tickets. The owner, Doug Yeagley, said that they were sold out, that one needs to come in advance and purchase the tickets. Yeagley said he could put our names down on a list in case someone did not show up.
I thought with tickets being $14-$15 and with only 62 seats, that our chances were slim. I looked around and went into the theater area (below). I was disappointed that I did not get my tickets in advance. It was, as they say, “Cinema Under the Stars” with reclining chairs, you could see people hanging out, talking, waiting for the film to start.
I could not think of a more perfect night to watch a film outside. Tonight, I am going to buy my tickets in advance and buy a slice of pie at Lefty’s.
More like this:
- Lil' Paul Williams (who made Kensington history in 1983) is STILL ALIVE! — Dec. 22, 2012
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) Pt. 2 — Nov. 16, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- Anatomy of a Press Photo: Sarah's Key Premiere Afterparty! — July 13, 2011