Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Sept. 27
San Diego Zoo Launches Mobile Application
Now, animal lovers don't even have to leave the comfort of their homes to watch a Polar Bear named Kalluk bounce a ball against glass or a Panda Bear chewing on stalks of bamboo. Today, San Diego Zoo launched it's new mobile application.
The app, available today for Android users and can also be found in the iTunes Store, streams footage from the Panda and Polar Bear exhibits, guides smartphone users on virtual tours of exhibits, and allows them to post comments on the "Fan Wall."
"This is our gift to all the fans and guests of the San Diego Zoo," stated Ted Molter, corporate director of marketing for San Diego Zoo Global. "This app gives people greater access to the Zoo when they're planning their visit or spending a day with us. We expect that the mobile access to our live animal cams, combined with detailed descriptions and beautiful images, will add up to family-friendly entertainment and an educational resource that can be used again and again."
Find the free app by searching, "San Diego Zoo," on your smartphone.
More like this:
- The 411 on San Diego's 311 "pothole" app — Dec. 19, 2012
- UCSD recognized for superior campus mobile apps — Sept. 6, 2012
- Local-Based Concert App Hits 3.4 Million Users, Sells Out — Sept. 17, 2011
- Panda Fingered in Zoo Arson Case — July 12, 2011
- San Diego's Strange Struggle for Pandas — July 23, 1998