Dave Rice 7:30 p.m., Jan. 26
Former Fallbrook Klansman involved in town takeover attempt
Tom Metzger and fellow white supremacists want to occupy tiny North Dakota town
Tom Metzger, former Fallbrook white supremacist and losing Congressional candidate, is involved in an attempt by neo-Nazis to establish an all-white beachhead in Leith, North Dakota, population 24. The town is resisting. The group intends to "plant the seeds of National Socialism in North Dakota," according to its commander.
Some properties already purchased by the white supremacist group have been transferred to Metzger, 75, a former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard, according to press reports. Local groups including Native Americans are vigorously opposing the effort.
In 1979, Metzger organized a patrol, the Klan Border Watch, to capture illegal Mexican immigrants. The next year, he won the Democratic Party nomination for the House of Representatives in the North County district, but was swamped in the general election. In 1983, he changed the name of his group to "White Aryan Resistance (WAR)."
The group eventually went bankrupt after a civil suit was filed contending it was involved in the murder of an Ethiopian student. Metzger claimed the white power skinheads affiliated with WAR had done a "civic duty" by killing the student, according to Wikipedia. Recently, he has lived in Indiana.
More like this:
- Rocker Chicks Do San Diego, plus Dark Metal, Racist Rock, Christian Goths, Hip-Hop Quest, Rave Culture, Fashionistas, Swing Kids, & more — June 9, 2008
- Celebs Talk About San Diego, Racist Rock, Concert Lawsuits, DJ Stalker — March 14, 2008
- Racist Rock: Do The White Thing, DJ Stalkers, Concert Lawsuits — Jan. 29, 2008
- To the Editor: — Jan. 23, 2008
- RACIST ROCK: DO THE WHITE THING — Aug. 30, 2007