Daniel Powell 8:30 a.m., Jan. 28
Qualcomm's Jacobs fishing for funds for Fletcher
What will Fletcher's wife, Karl Rove apprentice, say about that?
Paul Jacobs, chief executive of Qualcomm, has sent out a letter asking donations for Nathan Fletcher in the upcoming mayoral race.
Fletcher's rapid conversion from Republican to Independent to Democrat was probably tied to his Qualcomm affiliation. He went to work with Qualcomm as a senior official after leaving his post in the Assembly in December. Both Paul Jacobs and his father, Irwin Mark Jacobs, Qualcomm's co-founder, are Democrats.
So what does Mindy Tucker Fletcher, wife of Nathan Fletcher, think of all this? As national press secretary of the Bush for President campaign of 2000, she worked with Karl Rove, the Republican Machiavelli. She was also communications director of the Republican National Committee in 2002-2003, deputy chief of staff for Republican Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2005, California counselor to the Bush-Cheney campaign of 2004, and a senior spokesman for the Florida recount that put Bush in the White House.
More like this:
- NSA-linked Bush frat pal Clark Randt joins Qualcomm — Nov. 5, 2013
- Manchester's Lincoln Club hit piece vilifies Fletcher with publisher’s ally Karl Rove — Oct. 17, 2013
- Lincoln Club takes to the internet to bash Nathan Fletcher, creates website and spends money on social media — Oct. 11, 2013
- Fletcher may be a Democrat, but Qualcomm PAC still gives big to GOP — May 6, 2013
- No April Fools Joke: Fletcher Joins Democrats — May 4, 2013