Delinda Lombardo 2:30 p.m., April 30
Herb Greenberg returning to San Diego for the weather
Leaves CNBC, rejoins TheStreet.com, but will still do TV
Herb Greenberg, who recently left CNBC as senior stocks commentator, is moving back to San Diego with his wife. They will live in North County. He will rejoin TheStreet.com as editor of Herb Greenberg's Reality Check, a subscription newsletter focusing on how to manage risk. He will also write a daily blog for TheStreet's main free site and contribute to Real Money's "Columnist Conversation."
Greenberg is not leaving TV completely. There will be a camera in his home and he will remain a CNBC contributor. He will return to the CNBC studio for a week a month. He formerly wrote columns for the Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, and the San Francisco Chronicle.
Greenberg had told me several months ago he couldn't take Northeast weather. Three winters are "too many," he says. "Once you have lived in San Diego for ten years it is very hard to move anywhere else, especially anywhere where there is winter, summer, mosquitoes and every natural disaster including those in California."
More like this:
- Herbalife knocked as illegal pyramid scheme — July 24, 2014
- Greenberg Leaves San Diego, Back on CNBC — June 2, 2010
- Straight-Talking Financial Journalist Herb Greenberg Leaving the Field To Go into Research — April 24, 2008
- Don't Bet on Sissies — Oct. 4, 2007
- Hedge Funds, "Shorts," Deny Collusion — March 16, 2006