Liz Swain 5:30 p.m., Sept. 22
Suspected sexual predator arrested
Evidence gathered from cell phones seized in 2012 prostitution raid
A 70-year-old man was arrested near La Jolla Tuesday (October 1) as part of a prostitution sting operation dating back to June of 2012.
Last year, Michael Lustig was arrested in an Encinitas hotel sting aimed at catching “johns” soliciting prostitutes, and several mobile phones belonging to him were confiscated. Subsequent investigation determined that Lustig had been contacting two girls, aged 12 and 13 at the time, and soliciting sexual acts.
Both of the girls were contacted, and admitted to engaging in such activity with Lustig for money in late 2011 and early 2012, leading to further investigation and the execution of several search warrants.
Lustig was pulled over and taken into custody during a traffic stop Tuesday morning, and faces federal charges for sex trafficking of a minor.
More like this:
- Sheriffs in Ramona visit the "Chicken Ranch" — Feb. 7, 2013
- Sex trafficking suspect arrested then released from Tijuana jail — Sept. 12, 2012
- Tijuana Police Bust Two for Pimping Out a Lad — July 28, 2012
- Woman Kidnapped, Returned, Suspect Remains at Large — Jan. 12, 2012
- Response to Military Sexual Assaults Found Lacking — Oct. 11, 2011