Various Authors 1 p.m., Aug. 28
April county unemployment drops sharply to 7%
Are San Diegans drinking more?
The April unemployment rate in the county dropped to 7% from 7.7% in March as the 2800 jobs were added, according to the California Employment Development Department. The rate for April a year ago was 8.6%, as the county gained 25,100 jobs in the period. Leisure and hospitality gained 2400 jobs from March to April. Employment in food services and drinking places rose by 1200. San Diegans may be toasting a bit of an economic turnaround, but remuneration in hotel-motel, food and drinking is generally poor.
More like this:
- SD unemployment rate down to 4.8 percent — May 22, 2015
- County unemployment rate drops to 6.7% in May — June 21, 2013
- County Unemployment Rises in March — April 20, 2012
- April Local Unemployment Drops Below 10% — May 20, 2011
- San Diego's Unemployment Rate Drops, but Job Losses Continue — May 22, 2009