Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Dec. 9
La Mesa Police have arrested San Diegan Nikolas Aledam, 29, and his girlfriend, Destanie Trout, 28, as the result of a string of auto burglaries specifically targeting Ford Ranger pickups.
Aledam was arrested at the East County Courthouse when he showed up for a court appearance on unrelated matters, and a search warrant was then executed on his residence.
On serving the warrant, officers found stolen stereos, amplifiers, speakers, a GPS device, iPods, iPhones, watches, an expandable baton and a Taser. The items linked Aledam to at least 18 vehicle burglaries in La Mesa and potentially more throughout San Diego County. Trout was also contacted and arrested for possession of a controlled substance at the time the warrant was served.
Detective Sean Snow at the La Mesa Police Department is seeking comment from additional potential victims and other information on the case. He can be contacted at (619) 667-7537.
More like this:
- El Cajon man caught burgling vehicle in Walmart parking lot — Oct. 15, 2013
- Felon fails to flee from police in La Mesa — Jan. 10, 2013
- Fence-hopping felon nabbed in La Mesa — Jan. 4, 2013
- Unlicensed Magazine Peddler Steals Diamond Bracelet — Nov. 21, 2011
- Man Hides From Cops in Attic — June 23, 2011