Edwin Arlington Robinson 9 p.m., Oct. 29
Encinitas gas station robber Tasered, arrested
A man was arrested in Encinitas late Saturday night (March 23) after threatening and attempting to rob the same victim twice at a Union 76 gas station on the 3000 block of Manchester Avenue.
The victim was first approached by Jesus Gonzalez while he was pumping gas. Gonzalez demanded his mobile phone, but the victim refused and walked inside the gas station’s convenience store.
Returning to his car, the victim found that he had a flat tire and drove from the gas pump to the station’s air and water station. Gonzalez approached again, opened the passenger door to the car, and began rifling through the victim’s belongings. When confronted, Gonzalez brandished a knife, threatened the victim, and used the knife to slash the victim’s tires. He then demanded the driver’s wallet – this time the victim acquiesced.
Encinitas Sheriff’s deputies showed up a few minutes later and, after Gonzalez refused to follow deputies’ orders, used a Taser to subdue him. Drugs are believed to have been involved in the incident.
More like this:
- Lakeside man arrested following stick assault — April 8, 2014
- Brothers arrested for beating of cab driver in Encinitas — May 13, 2013
- Facebook credited with assist in catching ATM bandit in East County — Jan. 24, 2013
- Double jeopardy — Nov. 26, 2012
- This Never Happens in Fallbrook — June 18, 2008