Matthew Suarez 3 p.m., Dec. 11
Southbound lanes at Otay Mesa border crossing to partially close during overnight hours
Construction to last a week in order to build canopy for Border Patrol agents
Two to three lanes will temporarily close down each night, at the Otay Mesa southbound border crossing, in order to build a canopy for Border Patrol agents. The construction begins on June 17 and plans to end on June 21. The lanes will be closed between the hours of 9pm and 5am. Traffic will still be allowed to travel through the remaining open lanes.
Construction is also underway at San Ysidro, the busier San Diego area border crossing. Construction at San Ysidro will last until the end of June.
More like this:
- New northbound lanes at San Ysidro POE to open Friday — Aug. 14, 2013
- Portion of south bound lanes at San Ysidro POE to close overnight during June construction — June 4, 2013
- Tijuana’s protesting teachers successfully block border traffic — May 16, 2013
- U.S. Considers Southbound Border Inspection Stations — July 12, 2012
- Border Delays — June 21, 2011