Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Aug. 28
Poway set to begin large-scale street repairs
Poway is set to begin a major street resurfacing project this Sunday (July 14), as 4.8 million square feet of roadway along both residential streets and major arteries will receive crack sealing, deep patch repairs, asphalt overlay and slurry seals.
Work zones include Community Road north of Poway Road, Camino Del Norte, Twin Peaks Road between Pomerado Road and Midland Road, Midland Road, and residential streets along Community Road, Midland Road, and north of Twin Peaks Road, with construction expected to be ongoing through sometime in August.
As work begins on Camino Del Norte, Community Road and Twin Peaks Road, lanes of travel will be reduced to one in each direction. Some residential streets could face temporary full closure during repairs. The city says it will be notifying residents expected to be directly impacted so they can adjust plans accordingly.
More like this:
- Fix the cracks, leave the potholes — March 4, 2015
- Carlsbad fire official designates potential crime scene — May 15, 2014
- Copper thieves target Poway street lights — Nov. 7, 2012
- Twin Peaks — Aug. 18, 2010
- Four Chills For Poway — June 21, 2009