John Donne 9 p.m., May 27
Documentary on Juárez to open at Regal Rancho del Rey on Feb. 1st
Film to feature former Tijuana police chief Julián Leyzaola
A documentary, which tracks the decline of violence in Ciudad Juárez, will begin showing on Friday, February 1st, at the Regal Rancho del Rey movie theater in Chula Vista. The film, which is directed and produced by Charlie Minn, is currently being featured in select cities.
A main focal point of the film is Julián Leyzaola, current police chief of Juárez and former police chief of Tijuana. Leyzaola has been applauded nationwide for his tactics in reducing violent crime.
The film will show at multiple times on Friday and during the following days. You can view the trailer from the films website by clicking HERE.
A portion of the proceeds from the film are to be donated to charities helping victims of the Juárez violence.
More like this:
- Over Half of Baja’s Police Yet to be Evaluated — Aug. 15, 2012
- Former Tijuana Police Chief Having Success in Juárez — July 18, 2012
- Municipal Police Playing Major Roll in Tijuana’s Homicide Drop — May 28, 2012
- Tijuana Violence in the Name of the State — Dec. 29, 2010
- Tough on Tucanes — Nov. 26, 2009