Jeff Smith noon, March 8
Council and City Attorney to meet behind closed doors to discuss Medical Marijuana lawsuits
City Attorney will seek direction from council as to how to proceed with the eleven pending cases
City councilmembers and San Diego City Attorney Jan Goldsmith will meet behind closed doors on Monday January 28 to discuss the eleven pending lawsuits against Medical Marijuana facilities filed by San Diego.
The closed session meeting comes weeks after Mayor Bob Filner instructed Neighborhood Code Compliance to back off of enforcement against marijuana dispensaries for violating city code by opening their doors.
On January 14, City Attorney Jan Goldsmith wrote to lawyers for some dispensary owners telling them to abandon any hope of collecting legal fees from the City. Now Goldsmith will turn to city councilmembers to provide guidance and seek direction as to how to move forward with the eleven pending cases. Those cases are:
-City of San Diego v. Brutus Collective, Inc., et al.
-City of San Diego v. Therapeutic Healing Corporation, et al.
City of San Diego v. Rosecrans Herbal Care, Inc., et al.
City of San Diego v. John I. Nobel, et al.
City of San Diego v. John David Bols, et al.
City of San Diego v. GJ San Diego, Inc. et al.
City of San Diego v. Joint Healing Inc., et al.
City of San Diego v. PCSD, Inc., et al.
City of San Diego v. Golden West Collective, Inc., et al.
City of San Diego v. San Diego Organic Wellness Association Inc., et al.
City of San Diego v. Martha L. Vitale Trust, et al.
Public comments will be heard during the regular meeting of the City Council at 2pm.
More like this:
- Goldsmith and Code Enforcement dept. out for bud — Feb. 11, 2014
- Two new lawsuits against Pacific Beach marijuana dispensaries — Oct. 28, 2013
- State Supreme Court grants cities the authority to ban Medical Marijuana dispensaries — May 6, 2013
- Mayor Filner backtracks on enforcement of medical marijuana dispensaries — Jan. 29, 2013
- City Attorney accuses lawyers for Medical Marijuana patients of playing hardball with City — Jan. 18, 2013