Lindsay Marks 6 p.m., Dec. 5
Filner "Special Events" committee reports big special interest cash
SDG&E, Chargers, downtown lobbyists listed on disclosure of mayor's inaugural and state of the city events
San Diego's new Democratic mayor Bob Filner has become locally famous for frequently showing up around town for various community events, festivals, and parties.
Now a disclosure report posted online Friday by the city clerk's office and filed February 5 by Filner on behalf of his "Mayor's Special Events Committee" has revealed that a host of the city's special interests have put up cash, food and beverages to sponsor mayoral functions.
Donations include $2,013 each from the San Diego Chargers; Ace Parking ($2,013); downtown GOP lobbying firm California Strategies; SDG&E; real estate developer Corky McMillin Companies; and Cox Communications. Those contributions are dated between January 14 and January 16.
Purpose of the cash and in-kind contributions is listed by the report for "Supporting Mayoral special events, including inaugural and state of the city."
We have a call into the mayor's office for further details on the donations and the mayor’s contribution policies.
More like this:
- Recipients of half of Sempra non-profit cash unidentified in disclosure — June 6, 2013
- Bob Filner raises big political cash from NFL owner — May 14, 2013
- Downtown lobbyist fundraiser raked in $9,000 for Filner, filing shows — May 1, 2013
- Mayor Filner's Special Events Committee collects cash to pay down State of the City and Inaugural Events — March 25, 2013
- Lobbyist for billionaire’s Balboa Park makeover throwing Filner fundraiser — Jan. 22, 2013