• News Ticker alerts

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) today (Aug. 30) charged a San Diego-based investment advisory firm, J.S. Oliver Corp., and its president Ian O. Mausner, with a "cherry-picking" scheme in which Mausner got the cherries and his clients had their pockets picked.

In the alleged cherry-picking scheme, the Oliver firm and Mausner directed profitable trades to hedge funds in which Mausner and his family had investments. But less profitable trades were doled out to other clients, including a widow and a charitable foundation, charges the SEC. The disfavored clients suffered $10.7 million in harm, according to the SEC.

• News Ticker alerts

Comments

shirleyberan Aug. 30, 2013 @ 5:40 p.m.

Don - just saw Brian Pease - not peace - talking about how Navy is affecting whales and dolphins in more testing - How do I implore him to run for Mayor? He's young but old enough - old soul - raised right -

Don Bauder Aug. 30, 2013 @ 8:06 p.m.

shirleyberan: But does he have name identification? Best, Don Bauder

shirleyberan Aug. 30, 2013 @ 6:02 p.m.

Todd Gloria is obvoiusly a puppet - speaks like someone literally pulling on his mouth strings

Don Bauder Aug. 30, 2013 @ 8:09 p.m.

shirleyberan: Gloria and Fletcher are both establishment puppets. The Republicans realize they are outnumbered, so they will run a DINO (Democrat in Name Only) and get everything a Republican would give. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder Aug. 30, 2013 @ 8:10 p.m.

shirleyberan: That makes two votes for Pease. Best, Don Bauder

shirleyberan Aug. 30, 2013 @ 6:11 p.m.

On ch 10 - not in person, I'm home a lot so things appear differently - Sorry - Enrique was the guy who organized the Pro - Filner - Rally, way back then.

Don Bauder Aug. 30, 2013 @ 8:11 p.m.

shirleyberan: Understood. Best, Don Bauder

shirleyberan Aug. 30, 2013 @ 6:13 p.m.

Don sorry - need to read the article but I'm very distracted.

shirleyberan Aug. 30, 2013 @ 6:26 p.m.

Oh yeah, I told you an honest truth and you bleeped me again. I am not anti-gay nor have been or could be. I was 19 at City College when I met my only friend I have for sure still (Jonathan from Long Island) who thought property in Central America was good investing - Panama was one, he told me. I am a year older. He reported to me that in '86, I think it was, everybody's dying. Could not imagine, I stayed at City.

shirleyberan Aug. 30, 2013 @ 6:30 p.m.

So Don - I believe the topic was investors or something - have a happy weekend - things will get better only with a Democratic Cantidate -Get him on the ballot and everything will follow - I Will Try - I love My Home Town So Much!

Don Bauder Aug. 30, 2013 @ 8:13 p.m.

shirleyberan: Yes, the topic was alleged investment fraud. Best, Don Bauder

shirleyberan Aug. 30, 2013 @ 6:54 p.m.

If You Are aDemocrat, I Think You Should reveal yourself - no shame - I was at Lowes about 5:30 PM and an employee felt like talking to woman he had at register about Republican values. I don't have air conditioning. asking for a fan.