Chad Deal 6 p.m., Feb. 27
Todd Gloria wields the ax, firing most of Filner staff
Move done in two steps
Acting mayor Todd Gloria today (Aug. 29) fired most of the staff of Mayor Bob Filner, who leaves office tomorrow (Aug. 30). Initially, the Human Resources department delivered the equivalent of pink slips to half the staff, including Chief of Staff Lee Burdick.
A few hours later, officials came back and cleared most of the rest of the office out, according to an inside source.
More like this:
- Did interim mayor Todd Gloria have the authority to rescind stop-use order for Jack in the Box? — Aug. 31, 2013
- Filner issues a Stop-Use Order against North Park Jack in the Box. Todd Gloria rescinds. — Aug. 30, 2013
- Just what authority will Council President Todd Gloria have after taking control of Mayor's Office? — Aug. 24, 2013
- Sheriff reportedly plotting mayor's ouster got funds from Lynch, Blue, hotel interests, report says — Aug. 6, 2013
- Todd Gloria's strange Sunday meeting with ex GOP Mayor Jerry Sanders — July 29, 2013