Ken Harrison 7:48 a.m., Dec. 7
Hotel executive charged with embezzlement
Among many things, he turned in duplicate expense accounts
Kevin Kelso, former director of finance at the Westin San Diego hotel, was arraigned yesterday (Aug. 28) on charges of embezzling more than $500,000 from the Westin in the years 2010-2012.
Among many techniques, Kelso allegedly submitted duplicate expense accounts and took advantage of the hotel's change order process -- converting large denomination currency into smaller bills for customers.
More like this:
- Former Wells Fargo banker charged with embezzlement — April 25, 2013
- Former executive director of tribe gaming commission admits embezzlement — March 8, 2013
- Former Councilwoman Pleads Guilty to Embezzling $3.5 Million — Sept. 14, 2012
- Chops and sushi — June 16, 2010
- Those Big Fish Are Gonna Get You — Jan. 20, 2005