Don Bauder 4:37 p.m., Dec. 27
Is Papa Doug headed to the altar again?
Authoritative San Diego Social Diary says so
It is no secret that Papa Doug Manchester, owner of the U-T, has been seen and photographed around town with the young, beautiful lady of Russian descent, Geniya Derzhavina.
They have been photographed together in such publications as lajollalight.com, the U-T, and modernluxury.com. But San Diego Social Diary has shown her picture and labeled it "The Future Bride of Doug Manchester."
Says Margo Schwab, who edits San Diego Social Diary, "They are a very happy couple. She has a pretty ring from the [Manchester] family."
The same edition of San Diego Social Diary features a photo of A.G. Spanos and Kamri Collins, also headed to the altar. Kamri is a Chargers cheerleader. A.G. is the grandson of Chargers majority owner A.G. (Alex) Spanos, and son of Chargers head Dean Spanos.
A.G. was named executive vice president of the Chargers in July of 2011. According to the wedding website, they met when A.G. was on the judges panel for the 2006-2007 Charger Girl auditions. The site says she didn't do well in the interview but "A.G. insisted she make the team."
At the time, both were "in different relationships," says the wedding information.
More like this:
- Papa Doug Manchester's nuptials to be before Christmas — Oct. 25, 2013
- Papa Doug Manchester picks Siberian bride-to-be — Aug. 21, 2013
- So is Manchester negotiating to buy LA Times? — Feb. 12, 2013
- Copley Goes for Romney; Burnham and Spanos Pick Perry — Dec. 30, 2011
- Do Manchester, Lynch Read Economic News? — Dec. 15, 2011