Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Sept. 30
Mexicali received highest number of deportees in 2012
Baja California highest state, Mexicali highest city for deportations
The Baja California city of Mexicali topped the chart for most deportees received in the year 2012, according to a recent Mexican government report. La Cronica reported on the statistics, which were released by the Instituto Nacional de Migración of Mexico, on Tuesday, April 9th. The report stated that the state of Baja California received 125,732 persons deported from the United States during the year, 66,517 of those were sent to Mexicali. Mexicali received the most for any city out of the 19 points where deportations took place into Mexico.
Tijuana received 59,096 persons deported during the year, while Tecate received only 119. Immigration and Customs officials reported a record number of deportations from the U.S. in the 2012 fiscal year at 409,849.
More like this:
- More than 8,000 ex-cons deported to Tijuana in 2013 — Aug. 26, 2013
- Baja California received more than 25% of deportations in 2012 from U.S. — Aug. 19, 2013
- State Department’s recent travel advisory rankles Tijuana mayor — July 18, 2013
- Travel warnings — Nov. 21, 2012
- Heavy Deportations a Burden on Tijuana — June 23, 2012