Don Bauder 6:45 p.m., April 17
Large marijuana plantation discovered
A large marijuana farm with over 6,000 plants was discovered southeast of Tijuana Tuesday, September 25th. A citizen complaint led to the discovery after men with backpacks and water were seen frequenting the area.
The farm was discovered 5 kilometers off the road which leads to Valle de Las Palmas. Las Palmas is located south of Tecate but is included in the Tijuana Municipality.
State police have now discovered five marijuana farms in less than 30 days. All of the farms are typically destroyed immediately.
More like this:
- Marijuana plantation destroyed near U.S. border in Baja — Aug. 12, 2013
- Shooutout Near Santo Tomás — July 6, 2012
- Another Huge Pot Bust, 22 Tons Seized at Checkpoint — June 21, 2012
- Over 1.5 Tons of Pot Seized in TJ — June 18, 2012
- Tijuana Mayor Receives Warning Letter from Residents — Feb. 27, 2012