Dorianne Laux 9 p.m., Aug. 27
Politico.com Knocks U-T's Republican Helpfest
On Tuesday, the Union-Tribune will sponsor a "One-Stop Shop" for political candidates. "The Republican Party of San Diego County sent out the invite to the event," says the Los Angeles Times. The county Republican Chairman will be on hand for the purported educational gathering. San Diego CityBeat, as well as the Times, has cocked an eyebrow at the event, and now a national publication is doing the same. Dylan Byers of Politico.com says today (Sept. 8) that the "San Diego Union-Tribune is hosting a media-training event for state Republican candidates, including lessons in 'how to get noticed by the press, how to craft a press release' and -- wait for it -- how to get the endorsement of the largest paper in the city, the San Diego Union-Tribune." At the event, the U-T will have Chief Executive John Lynch, the editorial board, the editor, and radio rightwinger Roger Hedgecock on hand to talk with those who want to be media savvy.
How long will it be before "Enron by the Sea" is nationally known as "Mayberry by the Sea"?
More like this:
- Mobster's associate Molasky fuels DeMaio's dreams — Aug. 2, 2013
- Koch-tied non-profit teams with Manchester's U-T San Diego — June 3, 2013
- Carrier suit against U-T begins tomorrow — May 23, 2013
- Lynch Says Stadium Won't Cost City a Dime — Sept. 17, 2012
- Union-Tribune Headquarters Sale Valued at $42.5 Million — Dec. 9, 2011