Austin Straus 8:30 a.m., April 23
Two stabbed, nearly run down by car in Encinitas bar fight
Sheriff’s deputies arrested 34 year-old Jose Villanueva and 23 year-old Jacqueline Albrecht early yesterday morning on charges stemming from an Encinitas bar fight that left two victims with stab wounds dodging a car the suspects were using to attempt to run them down.
According to a Sheriff’s Department report, an argument started in the men’s bathroom of D Street Bar on the 400 block of South Coast Highway 101 and continued in the street outside. At this point two males involved in the altercation were stabbed by the suspects, who then got into a car that they drove at the victims, narrowly missing them.
Witnesses were able to provide deputies arriving on scene after midnight with a description of the suspects, as well as the license plate of the car.
Arriving at the residence of the car’s registered owner, deputies found both suspects, who were arrested and taken into custody. Both are charged with assault with a deadly weapon, Villanueva for the knife and Albrecht for allegedly driving the car.
More like this:
- Brothers arrested for beating of cab driver in Encinitas — May 13, 2013
- Marijuana, cash, gun recovered after reported robbery — Jan. 21, 2013
- Double jeopardy — Nov. 26, 2012
- Woman Kidnapped, Returned, Suspect Remains at Large — Jan. 12, 2012
- Parolee Arrested for Shooting Three Days After Release — July 28, 2011