3 p.m., April 29
UCSD's Geisel Library begins round-the-clock weekday hours
The UC San Diego campus this morning launched its “24/5 Study Commons” area within the iconic Geisel Library that will remain open throughout the school year, with round-the-clock hours beginning at 10 a.m. on Sunday and continuing through 6 p.m. Friday, and standard hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
“The students have long wanted this [all hours] study space and we are so glad we can now provide it to them,” says chief librarian Brian E.C. Schottlaender. “This expands hours available for study in the Geisel Library by nearly 40 percent.”
Only current students, faculty, and staff will have access to the all-hours portion of the library, with identification required for overnight access.
A kick-off party advertised by the university promised Halloween-themed treats as well as “study necessities” including energy drinks and coffee for those attending during the first evening of the program.
More like this:
- Brave new parking meters for Hillcrest, Mission Hills — Dec. 24, 2016
- Prepare to be assimilated — March 6, 2013
- Beginners Welcome — July 18, 2012
- Hey San Diego! See Captain America before the rest of America! — July 21, 2011
- No Clock in the Forest — May 6, 1999