Dorian Hargrove 8 p.m., Dec. 11
Screams in the night
Domestic disturbance call leads to discovery of cache of drugs
Sheriff’s deputies responded to a complaint of a woman screaming on the 800 block of Regal Road in Encinitas at around 3 a.m. yesterday morning, where they found a broken window and blood on the exterior of an apartment.
They eventually made contact with the occupant, 29 year-old Jeremy James Boone, who was uncooperative and resisted attempts to take him into custody, causing an injury to one arresting deputy.
Further investigation led authorities to the Tri-City Medical Center, where they located a female with a stab wound to the arm. Deputies determined that Boone had stabbed her during an altercation that also involved him threatening her with a firearm.
Upon executing a search warrant, 14 ounces of methamphetamine, 6 ounces of cocaine, and two ounces of marijuana were discovered in Boone’s apartment.
Boone was booked into jail for assault with a deadly weapon. Further charges are likely forthcoming related to resisting an officer and the stash of drugs found at his residence.
More like this:
- Fugitive apprehended in Encinitas — April 11, 2013
- Double jeopardy — Nov. 26, 2012
- Juvenile arrested for transit system sexual assault — Oct. 8, 2012
- Two stabbed, nearly run down by car in Encinitas bar fight — Sept. 5, 2012
- Woman Kidnapped, Returned, Suspect Remains at Large — Jan. 12, 2012