Don Bauder 1:26 p.m., Aug. 2
Boy charged with murder
A 15-year-old Vista boy is accused of a fatal gang stabbing
A 15-year-old Vista boy has been charged with murder, as an adult, in San Diego’s North County Superior Court.
A prosecutor said the boy was one in a group of ten to 15 persons who had a fatal confrontation after 10 p.m. on a Saturday night, November 10, 2012. It was in Brengle Terrace Park in Vista where members of a Vista gang and members of an Oceanside gang gathered, according to prosecutor Robert Bruce.
One 24-year-old male victim died from a single stab to his chest, and one 21-year-old male victim survived multiple stab wounds, according to the prosecutor.
The small pocket knife allegedly used in both stabbings was “linked to” the 15-year-old boy, according to prosecutor Robert Bruce. The prosecutor said the teen already has a juvenile record, but declined to give details.
The young defendant is charged with one count of murder and one count of assault with a deadly weapon, and there are gang allegations attached to each count. The boy pleaded not guilty at his arraignment November 20, 2012, through his public defender.
A Superior Court Judge ordered that the boy’s face not be shown. The defendant is held in lieu of $2 million bail, and is next due in court December 17.
More like this:
- Defendant who admitted stabbing is declared guilty of second degree murder — Oct. 10, 2013
- Court hearing delayed for boy charged as adult in murder case — April 4, 2013
- Prosecutor revealed details in alleged gang shooting of two children — April 3, 2013
- Man accused of fatal collision now charged with murder — Nov. 10, 2012
- Man Arraigned for 2002 Oceanside Homicide — March 13, 2012