Various Authors 4:06 p.m., July 26
Purse Snatcher Expects Four Years Prison
Fletcher Everingham Calen, 25, made a plea deal last week that could get him four years in prison for his most recent offense, a purse-snatching.
Calen admitted he was out on bail for a previous offense when he grabbed the purse of a 52-year-old woman who was getting into her car in a department-store parking lot.
A group of men who were part of a car-club meeting in Encinitas on the evening of December 29, 2011, heard the woman screaming and chased down the perpetrator.
Calen had three other court matters pending at the time: a DUI, failure to register as a sex offender, and unlawful possession of Suboxone.
Judge J. Michael Kirkman accepted the plea deal and will sentence Fletcher Calen on July 10.
More like this:
- Man admits attempted murder for ramming another man w his car — July 27, 2013
- Repeat felon gets 3 years California State prison — March 22, 2013
- Oceanside man admits kidnap — Jan. 24, 2013
- Career criminal back to prison — Dec. 15, 2012
- Alleged Purse-Snatcher Arraigned in Vista — Jan. 5, 2012