Ken Leighton 2:30 p.m., April 23
City Continues to Mull Over Golden Hill District
Councilmember Todd Gloria, the representative for portions of Golden Hill and all of South Park, says that much like his constituents, he too is waiting for the Mayor and City Attorney to respond to a Superior Court Judge's decision to quash the Greater Golden Hill Maintenance Assessment District and issue refunds to residents.
"Unfortunately, there are more questions than answers at this point, and I share the concerns of Golden Hill neighbors," said Councilmember Todd Gloria in a statement over the weekend.
"The City Attorney and Mayor's office are working on the details of if and how refunds will be processed, which will be shared with community members as soon as possible."
And despite the fact that six weeks have passed since Superior Court Judge Richard Whitney finalized his judgement to vacate the assessment district, and, six months after he dismissed the City's appeal, the City Attorney's Office has not responded to the court's decision, let alone given any direction in regards to finding out about refunds.
Communications director for the City Attorney's Office, Gina Coburn, says the City Attorney has "not yet opined on this matter but will likely do so in the future."
More like this:
- City Issues Partial Refunds To Residents in Greater Golden Hill — July 30, 2012
- City Attorney Warns City Against Formation of Assessment Districts — July 30, 2012
- City to Implement "Pay First, Litigate Later" on Disputed Tax Assessments? — April 20, 2012
- Judgment Finalized In Legal Battle Over Golden Hill Maintenance Assessment District — Feb. 10, 2012
- The After-MAD in Golden Hill — Oct. 21, 2011