Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Dec. 9
One of San Diego’s largest employers, Qualcomm CEO Dr. Paul Jacobs, today endorsed Nathan Fletcher’s campaign for mayor, citing Fletcher’s strong commitment to education and economic development as his primary reasons.
“Nathan Fletcher represents the kind of forward-looking leader San Diego needs,” said Dr. Jacobs. “He is committed to improving education so our children can compete in the global economy, [and] has a plan to improve our schools and the ability to get it done.”
Fletcher’s Building The Foundation For Our Future education plan outlines specific goals which he says will put San Diego on the path to having the world’s most innovative school system. He unveiled the plan on Tuesday, March 13, at Qualcomm headquarters.
“Education is an economic and moral issue, the responsibility of every elected official at every level of government, and one I take seriously,” Fletcher said. “My boys will attend public school in San Diego, and I want them and all children in San Diego to have the skills necessary to compete for the jobs of the 21st Century.”
More like this:
- Exec's race for mayor casts light on Qualcomm bribery charges — Sept. 4, 2013
- First lobbyist Nathan Fletcher — Jan. 23, 2013
- QCOM casts a vote for Fletcher — Nov. 15, 2012
- Chicago-based Realtors give $20,000 to kill San Diego's Prop Z school bond measure — Oct. 29, 2012
- Bloomberg Endorsement of San Diego's Fletcher Focuses Spotlight on New York Intrigue — May 31, 2012