Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Aug. 26
20 Migrants Detained After Landing in Carlsbad
A group of 20 migrants were detained by Border Patrol on Wednesday, June 11th, after agents found an empty boat on a beach. Agents followed the footprints which led them to the 20 migrants.
The migrants varied in age, and were carrying no drugs or contraband.
Carlsbad is roughly 55 miles north of the Mexican border by sea.
The Border Patrol has recently upped its maritime patrolling due to new drug and person smuggling routes along the sea. Drug shipments have been dumped in the ocean near San Diego due to Border Patrol pursuit, and smuggling boats have landed as far north as Los Angeles.
The Border Patrol is currently undergoing several changes in California. Those changes include closing the small Riverside, CA office, as well as constructing booths to better monitor outgoing traffic leaving California for Mexico.
More like this:
- Panga boat carrying $4 million in marijuana nabbed on California coast, first spotted near La Jolla — Aug. 7, 2013
- Borderline Tours — Dec. 21, 2011
- yup I"m pissed off at the border patrol — Oct. 26, 2011
- Border Angels — Dec. 7, 2006
- If You Don't Run You Don't Get Hit — Feb. 22, 2001