Don Bauder 7:30 p.m., Oct. 24
Another Alleged San Diego Ponzi
The Securities and Exchange Commission yesterday (Feb. 21) in federal court charged Carlsbad's Steven L. Hamilton with allegedly bilking 23 investors of $1.6 million in a series of Ponzi schemes.
According to the agency, between 2007 and 2011, Hamilton told investors their money would be put in various real estate loans and one construction project. But the money went into Hamilton's pocket and back to investors, says the SEC.
More like this:
- Another Ponzi Scheme Targets Seniors — Sept. 29, 2012
- Still Another SD Ponzi Schemer Headed for Slammer — Feb. 11, 2011
- Beau La Madrid Could Get Ten Years for Ponzi Scheme — Jan. 3, 2011
- "Little Dominelli" Gets Nine Years in Slammer — May 25, 2010
- San Diegans Charged in Alleged Ponzi Scheme — July 28, 2009