Laura Dvorak 5:47 p.m., Dec. 6
Lemon Grove city councilmembers are looking to spruce up the City's commercial corridor. They plan to do so by removing all illegal signage from street poles and street corners.
The initiative is one of thirteen priorities that city councilmembers identified during a January 31 city council workshop and one they will discuss at tomorrow's city council meeting.
It won't be an easy task, so says a staff report.
"One of the challenges discussed was that the City has two part-time code enforcement officers, one of which spends time on other planning duties. Staff’s initial survey of the several business districts has identified many violations, some significant, some minor," reads a report to city councilmembers.
In the coming months, code enforcement officers will patrol the areas around Broadway, Lemon Grove Avenue, and Federal Boulevard looking for major offenders and meet with business owners to inform them of the crackdown. Staff expects to issue a report sometime in April and return in July with a plan on how to enforced the policy.
The meeting start at 6pm at the Lemon Grove Community Center.
More like this:
- Lemon Grove To Consider Medical Marijuana Initiative — Aug. 7, 2012
- Lemon Grove Considers Logging on to Social Media Sites — Dec. 2, 2011
- Imperial Beach City Staffers Look into Adult Arcade Booths — Sept. 20, 2010
- Big Problems for Little Lemon Grove — Aug. 25, 2010
- Mission Valley Motion Mixup — Oct. 18, 2007